Monday, December 13, 2010

So what did he say to the current President?

My emphasis:

Q    And then as a follow-up, you mentioned the Republican Congress taking office in January.  What was your advice to President Obama today about how to deal with the Congress from the opposition party?
FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON:  I have a general rule which is that whatever he asked me about my advice, and whatever I say should become public only if he decides to make it public.  He can say whatever he wants, but --
Q    What do you think?  (Laughter.)
PRESIDENT OBAMA:  Here’s what I’ll say, is I’ve been keeping the First Lady waiting for about half an hour, so I’m going to take off, but --
FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON:  I don't want to make her mad, please go.
PRESIDENT OBAMA:  You’re in good hands, and Gibbs will call last question. 
It's a mystery. What, precisely, did PBC tell PBO? 

No comments:

Post a Comment